Gifts for the Bookworm
Lovely book gifts for your favorite literati
Bookworm moms love curling up with a good read whenever they can. Unfortunately for many moms, especially those with young children, finding the quiet time to get really wrapped up in a book is hard to do! Giving Mom the gift of peace and quiet is an easy gesture and one she'll appreciate. Just don't ignore her all day! Give her a few hours to enjoy her book on her own, then spend some quality time together chatting about your favorite reads.
Gifts up to $20
- Bed desks
- Reading in bed is relaxing but it can strain your arms after awhile. These handy portable tables let Mom get comfortable so she can read her book and enjoy a hot cup of tea at the same time. These Mother's Day gifts are handy for serving up breakfast in bed too!
- Book light
- On those nights when Mom is deep into one of her favorite novels, a book light will let her keep reading without disturbing anyone sleeping next to her. Battery-powered book lights shine brightly on her pages so she can read without turning on an overhead light.
- Book journal
- A book journal lets Mom keep track of the books she's read, when she started and finished them and her impressions of the writing. Book journals are a great way for Mom to chronicle her reading experiences and are fun for her to look back on later. A great book gift for any avid reader!
Gifts up to $50
- Reading pillows
- Keep Mom cozy when she's reading in bed. Reading pillows prop her up and give her back support while she pores over her favorite pages. These pillows are great back support for watching TV too!
- Books that were made into movies
- What's your mom's favorite movie? Chances are, it was a book first. If your mom is a big fan of classic authors like Jane Austen or William Shakespeare, get her a DVD set of some of her favorite books turned into big screen productions. Don't forget to get out the popcorn and watch with her. Theater loving moms will appreciate this Mother's Day gift too.
Gifts up to $100
- Books on CD
- If your mom has a long morning commute, books on CD are a great way for her to get wrapped up in a story while driving! Many best sellers are available in CD format, giving her hours of entertainment while she's on the road.
- Collected works
- Find your mom's favorite author and buy her the writer's collected works. Even if she's read most of the books before, she'll appreciate having her own copy as part of a larger collection. Don't forget to inscribe the first book in the collection with a note telling her how wonderful she is and add the date. Include a great quote about moms to make it even more special.
Gifts up to $200
- Is Mom running low on storage space for all her favorite reads? A classy new bookcase will be a great addition to her bedroom or office and makes a thoughtful Mother's Day gift. Look for styles that complement the rest of her decor, or take her shopping with you. And don't forget to assemble it for her!
- Book tour
- For a once in a life time book gift, take your mom on a tour of either her favorite author's hometown or through a city that's mentioned in her favorite book. Do some research ahead of time to find landmarks that are mentioned in her favorite novels or find out interesting facts about the author. Many cities have tour guides that specialize in the history of the city's writer.
Bookworm moms love a good read. If you know one of her favorite authors is putting out a book around Mother's Day, try your best to get Mom a copy, even if it means waiting in line. Or, pre-order books that will be published after Mother's Day and give her a voucher promising hand-delivery of the book when it comes in.