Gifts for the Crafter
Support Mom's inner Martha with these crafty Mother's Day gift ideas
Is Mom always busy with one craft project or another? Making things with her own hands is a great way for Mom to exercise her creative talents. Certain crafting techniques like knitting, quilting and needlepoint used to be passed down from one generation to the next, so on Mother's Day, why not learn a bit about Mom's favorite kind of crafting? Spend some quality time together while she teaches you basic techniques and amaze yourself with the things you can create!
Gifts up to $20
- It's a bit early for tree decorating, but many designs in ornament-making kits look lovely hanging in a window or stuck to the fridge. Incorporate your favorite photos into keepsake ornaments Mom will treasure. Sentimental moms love personalized ornaments too.
Cutting mat and blade
- Every crafter knows the importance of good tools. A high-quality cutting mat and cutting tool will make your mom's crafting projects easier than before. Look for tools like sturdy utility knives or circular cutters that best suit your mom's favorite projects.
Gifts up to $50
Image transfer tiles
- Together, you and Mom can make beautiful tiles stamped with your favorite pictures. These kits create antique-looking tiles that can be used as coasters, as part of a mosaic or as art for her walls. Foodie moms will love building these tiles into their kitchen's backsplash.
- Keep Mom busy with projects all year long by giving her a subscription to a crafting magazine. Almost every crafting style has its own magazine that offers different project ideas and plans. Mom will love the fresh, creative ideas she'll get each month!
Gifts up to $100
- Help Mom stay clutter-free with a good quality craft organizer. Look for rolling units with drawers and compartments for all her different odds and ends. Having everything in one handy, well-organized place will help your mom know exactly what supplies she has and needs.
Embroidery hoop and stand
- Give Mom a whole extra hand with this practical tool. If Mom loves cross stitching or other needlework, a sturdy hoop attached to a stand will free up both of her hands for tricky stitches. Stands can be adjusted to a comfortable height.
Gifts up to $200
- Has Mom been looking for a new kind of crafting project? Treat her to lessons in popular crafting trends! Check local community programs for lessons on fun projects like stained glass making, paper tole or scrapbooking.
High-tech sewing machine
- If Mom likes creating homemade fashions by hand, a new sewing machine is a fantastic Mother's Day gift idea. Most high-end models come with a wide variety of preprogrammed stitches like leaves, hearts and other patterns. She'll love the handy features of a new machine!
Having trouble finding the perfect Mother's Day gift idea? If you're the crafty type yourself, why not make Mom a gift? Just like she loved the macaroni art you made her as a child, she'll treasure any gift that you put effort into making especially for her. Check on the Internet for fun Mother's Day crafts for different age levels.