Gifts for the Fashionista
Fashion gifts for moms who dress to impress
Has your mom got a killer sense of style? Do her eyes light up when she hears the word "sale"? Fashionista moms know what looks good on them and they love to shop. Giving her a gift certificate for her favorite store is a nice idea, but there are lots of other ways to personalize her Mother's Day gift. Even the promise of guaranteed angelic behavior on your next shopping trip will mean a lot. Fashionista moms can be really fun to buy for, but do some research ahead of time to get an understanding of her style and size.
Gifts up to $20
- To you it may sound like a dud gift, but to a fashionista mom, the gift of storage is worth its weight in gold. Be sure that you put the shoe rack together yourself so Mom doesn't get stuck with extra work.
Fashion emergency kit
- Any mom who's ever had a run in her nylon on her way to an important meeting will love this Mother's Day gift. Packed with useful fashion fixers like new nylons, static spray and a sewing kit, these emergency stockpiles are great for stashing in her purse or the glove box of her car.
Designer cell phone holder
- Now Mom can be the epitome of style from the top of her head to the flip of her cell phone. Many designers are coming out with cute cell phone cases for the fashion forward. A design from Mom's favorite fashion house is sure to please and makes a great Mother's Day gift.
Gifts up to $50
- High heels and hard floors can be murder on the feet! The soothing heat and invigorating pressure of her very own foot massager will have Mom feeling rejuvenated after a long day at the shops. This is a great Mother's Day gift for spa lovers as well.
- When Mom hits the shops, it helps to be well-organized and stylish. A smart wallet with multiple compartments, made by Mom's favorite designer, is a great gift idea. She'll be able to quickly find her credit cards and store memberships, moving her from one purchase to the next with ease!
Gifts up to $100
- Cashmere is the ultimate in luxury but it comes at a price. Check the labels of garments to see what percent of cashmere is in the wool. Mom will love the soft feel and elegant style of any piece you choose. A cashmere scarf is a great way to keep a theater-loving mom cozy too!
- Many designers are expanding their lines to incorporate fashions for the home as well. Look for dishes or stemware from your mom's favorite designer to make her dinner parties even more stylish!
Gifts up to $200
- It's a big job, but giving Mom added rack and shelf space in her closet will mean the world to her. Ask what kind of storage she needs and work out a plan together or look through renovation books for ideas. A closet makeover is a great gift for a crafter mom as well!
- Fashion doesn't stop with the clothes. Buy your stylish mom high end cosmetics from her favorite company. A skincare regime is a great place to start, or buy a colorful palette of eyeshadows or a collection of lipsticks. The clerks at the cosmetic counter can help you find shades that will suit Mom's skin tone. You can also bring a few of her current cosmetics with you for ideas on what colors she likes.
Shopping for the fashionista mom can be a lot of fun. Listen for any clues she drops about pieces she's been wanting to buy or designers that she loves. Remember, if you're giving Mom clothing, make sure she gives you a full fashion show so you can see how great she looks!