Gifts for the Gardener
Great garden gifts for green-thumbed moms
Nurturing plants and encouraging them to grow comes as second nature to most moms - the quiet relaxation of time spent in the garden can be rejuvenating and rewarding. If your mom likes getting grubby, we've got some Mother's Day gift ideas she'll love. And don't forget to spend some time with her in the garden, learning about her favorite plants and how she makes things grow. If you're really strapped for cash, give her a gift certificate for an hour or two of free labor. She'll love your help with yard work, pulling weeds or tilling the soil.
Gifts up to $20
- Mom can showcase her best blooms with this creative vase. Fill the bowl with water, arrange a few flowers and screw on the base. The aquarium magnifies the flowers, showing off great detail, and helps them last even longer!
- After a long day digging in the garden, help Mom get her skin back to its original softness. A hand care kit will help Mom get the dirt out and will leave her skin moisturized and smelling great. Paraffin hand treatments are another luxurious way to restore Mom's skin.
Salsa garden – Need a Mother's Day gift for a woman who likes it spicy? Salsa garden kits come with all the seeds to grow spicy peppers, juicy tomatoes, flavorful cilantro and tear-jerking onions, to help Mom whip up her own salsa. It's a great Mother's Day gift idea for foodie moms as well.
Gifts up to $50
- These handy devices measure the average amount of sun a particular patch of garden gets over a 12-hour period. It'll help Mom figure out the best way to organize her garden for perfect plants.
- Any mom who spends a lot of time puttering in her garden will love having a comfy seat. These folding stools are a perfect height for pruning, and some come with removable seat pads that cushion knees. Most offer storage space for small tools as well.
Gifts up to $100
- Protect Mom's garden from animals looking for tasty treats! Motion-sensing sprinklers eject quick bursts of water whenever garden pests like birds, deer and dogs come by. The water startles the animal away while leaving the garden intact. This will be a much-appreciated garden gift for any green-thumbed mom!
- Mom's got a lot of stuff to move around her garden, so why not help her out with an ergonomically designed wheelbarrow? She'll be able to move around large amounts of yard waste, tools and soil with no difficulty. For an extra special touch, give the wheelbarrow a custom paint job to reflect Mom's personality!
Gifts up to $200
- Let Mom enjoy the fruits of her labor in quiet splendor. A trellis bench is a comfy place for her to rest and gives her flowers a great arbor to climb! Trellis benches add a feeling of old world charm to any garden.
- Put those kitchen scraps to good work! Composters provide the perfect environment for vegetable peelings and eggshells to break down, producing nutrient rich plant food for Mom's garden. It's the environmentally friendly way to fertilize!
Looking for fun things to do with your gardening mom on Mother's Day? Take her to a botanical garden or explore professional greenhouses. Get ideas for different ways she can make her garden even more special. She'll love spending time with you whether it's in the garden or out. Start cultivating your Mother's Day gift ideas today!