Gifts for the Theater Goer
Mother's Day gift ideas for thespian moms
Theater-loving moms adore watching their little ones steal the stage in grade school plays and musicals. If your mom is an avid theater goer, try to find out which style she enjoys the most. Is your mom into opera or does she prefer musicals or mystery plays? Ask what her favorite theatrical production is and you'll be one step closer to finding the perfect Mother's Day gift idea. Remember, a lot of bookworm moms love the theater too! Discovering her theatrical tastes will help you find the best gift for mom.
Gifts up to $20
- Get your mom a CD of the soundtrack from her favorite musical. She'll love reliving the experience while driving to work or soaking in the tub. For a great addition to this gift, buy her a copy of the songbook so she can sing along.
- A copy of the script from her favorite play is a very thoughtful gift for Mom. She'll pick up on some of the subtleties she didn't notice before and find she enjoys the play even more.
Gifts up to $50
Shakespeare's collected works
- The Bard is one of the best-loved playwrights of all time. Even if your mom has read all the plays before, having them in a complete set will mean a lot. For some quality time together, read a few scenes of her favorite drama or comedy with each of you playing a different character.
- Opera glasses are like miniature, glamorous binoculars for the theater. Even if your mom has the farthest seats in the house, she'll be able to see the stitching of the actors' costumes and the details of the set with crystal clarity. This classy Mother's Day gift idea is sure to please.
- These soft scarves are a great accessory and will keep Mom warm in cold theaters. Pashminas come in a variety of colors that can complement any of her outfits.
Gifts up to $100
- The ultimate accessory for any theater-going mom, pearls add a touch of elegance to every outfit. Look for classic single strand designs or multiple strands in creative colors. Pearls are a great gift for jewelry loving moms as well.
Carriage or limousine ride
- Get Mom to the theater in style with a ride in a horse-drawn carriage or a sleek limousine. She'll feel like a glamorous star with this royal treatment.
Gifts up to $200
- Find out what's playing at your local theater or plan to go into the big city for a show. Look for plays or musicals that you know your mom will love. It can be an evening just for the two of you, or bring the whole family. Box and loge seats are the best, but anything in the orchestra level or first few rows of the balcony will be great too.
- Top off a perfect night at the show with a gift certificate for a nice restaurant. Mom can reminisce over her favorite moments from the show while enjoying some fine dining. Make reservations so she doesn't get stuck in the post-theater line waiting for a table.
You can spend quality time with your theater-loving mom by popping in a tape of your performance in a grade school play. Or, you could talk with Mom about what she likes best about the different theaters she's visited and her favorite productions. If you're planning to take her to a show, make your Mother's Day gift even more special - see if you can arrange for a theater tour so Mom can get a look at what goes on backstage and maybe even meet one of the stars!